Friday, December 25, 2009

Headed west

Packed up and started the drive west with Sara and Joanna. Of course,
packing up is a euphamism for discovering you've forgotten to do about
a hundred important things. Finally, at about 12:30 I am ready. Then I
notice that my rear panniers are starting to tear on one of the seams.
After spendIng about an hour on a patch, I decide to just take the
repair stuff and try to fix it at night on the drive to San Diego.

We had Christmas dinner at a truck stop in fort stockton - all the
food came out cold except Joanna's burger and fries.

The prius is getting terrible milage with the bike on the back and
driving at 80mph, about 32mpg. After dark the speed limit slows to 65,
and the milage goes back up to 40 - but at that speed it would
normally be about 44-45 with the racing bike. All I can figure is that
the touring bike offers a lot more wind resistance than my racing
bike.

We are now spending the night at el paso, but it's too late to work on
the repair. Well, maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment