Monday, December 21, 2009

Test ride 4

Nice sunny day. Threw some more weight onto the bike, rode a bit more aggressively on 620 with the wind. Finished in the dark, lights are working well, people seem to have no trouble seeing me.

The addition of a remote for the ipod touch works for me, I can skip forward/back/pause while riding. The buttons are a bit sensitive though. When I carry the handlebar bag with the shoulder strap, it bumps the remote in my back pocket, turning the music on/off/skipping etc.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dave doesn't the pod have a HOLD switch so when you get it set, the dial/screen is no longer active? My nano has that. Great to find you here on blogspot. When are you leaving for the bike trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly, there is no hold switch for the ipod touch. You just turn it off with the top switch, the music keeps playing. If you hit the home button twice quickly, the music controls come up, but this is not the sort of thing you can use without looking at it. There would be no problem with this arrangement, except that I often like to repeat songs, or pause or skip ahead.

    We are leaving on the 25th to drive to San Diego.

    I may switch the blog to a site devoted to touring cyclists.

    ReplyDelete