Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 52 (Mar 4): Tallahassee to Suwanee River 100




Odo 5454.8


Got up early & left before 8:00. Didn’t like the motel, which appears to be a good way for me to get going early. Stopped at MickyD’s for breakfast and then went to the laundry down the street. Nice laundromat with good machines and TVs, but poor channel choices. I was trapped in a confrontational hosted show. Just wanted to wash my stuff as soon as possible after being in another filthy room. Stopped at wonderful mom & pop restaurant at mile 90 for some great prime rib. My carver had received liver (successful) and kidney (unsuccessful) transplants.


It was dark for the last 9 miles of my ride today when I reached the Suwannee River State Park. The gates were closed, so I’m here illegally. This state park has the nicest restroom I’ve ever seen, with even a washer & dryer in the facility. (By the way, the lyrics for Foster's Swanee River, the Florida State song, can be found here: http://musicanet.org/robokopp/usa/waydownu.htm. Feel free to hum the tune.)

1 comment:

  1. Go, Dave, go! You're almost done!
    (But, then,.... what're you gonna do?!) :-)

    ReplyDelete