Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 10: Preoria to Apache Junction 69.5


Leaving Benny's house in Phoenix (Preoria)



The KOA in Apache Junction


Day 10: Preoria to Apache Junction 69.5

It seems crazy to me to ride 70 miles and never leave the city, but
this is the reality of the Phoenix area. This city is so spread out
that there is no comparison to anyplace else i have been. It is also
quite flat. I end up at a KOA which is a bit expensive at $27. I talk
to another camper there, Kevin, for quite a while. Good showers and a
beautiful view of the Superstition mountains.

After riding thru the Phoenix area, it seems to have the highest
concentration of sidewalk cyclists I have ever encountered. I don't
think I saw anyone ride on the street. Traffic is not heavy, drivers
are not hostile, but not friendly either. They kind of want to get
past you and put the whole disturbing scene out of their mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment