Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 16: Buckhorn to Silver City 40

Odo 3257.6

After yesterday's intense ride, I decide to take it easy today and set
my sights on Silver City, only 36 miles away. The first 10 miles are
downhill and easy, then it's mixed, and finally some climbing,
crossing the contentinal divide, but it's all easy compared to
yesterday's last pass.



On the way I see a guy riding toward me,
lightly dressed, and we wave. About an hour later he catches up to me
and says hello. His name is Mike X (I'll remember it if i hear it!),
and it turns out that he is a pro racer from Georgia doing some winter
training out of silver city. We chat a little and then he says goodbye
and continues on to SC. I start thinking about touring with my calfee
And minimal weight. I think it would be hard in the winter, but
possible in the summer.




About to descend into Silver City

No comments:

Post a Comment