Friday, January 1, 2010

Ocotillo to Brawley 45 miles



Got out at about 9:30 again. This is better than I usually do, but not as good as hoped. Again it seems to take me about two hours to do everything. The wind was fantastic for the first 10 miles, with a 21 mph average, then instantly became a mild headwind. Got to brawley at about 12:30. Ate at MCD, then decided to make it a short day and went to a park about 6 miles out of town. I didn't like the park too much because although it was pretty, there was no hot water, and it had a cow lot within smelling distance. The office was closed, and it never did open, so I camped free. The roads today often had that sort of raised crack surface, which can become kind of like mini speed bumps in the worst case. Mostly no traffic so you could ride on any part of the road you wanted. I don't like camping early!

No comments:

Post a Comment