Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 23: Van Horn to Balmorhea 73.63


The 11 Inn, in Balmorhea



Odo 3726.6

Today I decided I would rather skip some of the adventure cycling
route, and get back to Austin a bit sooner. The Adventure cycling
route goes by the Davis Observatory to fort Davis, then down to Del
Rio before heading back to the Austin area. I decided instead to just
ride on I10 til the cutoff towards Fredericksburg. I had already been
riding I10 for a few stretches since sometimes there is no other
route, and it's very smooth and nice except for the noise and dealing
with entry/exit ramps. Being west Texas there are not many entry/exit
ramps, and traffic is less since the I20 split off. Technically, you
are not allowed to ride on interstates, but in west texas, there
aren't a lot of alternatives. Anyway, the wind picks up in the
afternoon, and it's easy getting to Balmorhea.

No comments:

Post a Comment