Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 26: Sonora to Segovia 68.82

Odo 4002.5

A beautiful day, although the wind was not cooperative - it was from
the south, making for a sidewind/headwind. Sometimes, if the road
changed direction just enough, then the wind would be helpful. I am
hopeful that tomorrow when I get to 290 it will be better.
I got to Junction about 2:30, and this works out to be not quite
enough time to get to Fredericksburg. It is close, but would almost
certaintly require some after dark riding. I eat lunch and try to
decide if I should just stay at the South Llano River State Park, or
continue to Segovia, where I know there is at least a cheap motel, or
go on to Harper, where I know I can camp in the city park with no
services. I continue on, and in Segovia there is a small RV park, so I
stay there. It turns out that the RV park is run by the folks at the
motel next door. I go register, and it is 15.90, which seems a bit
steep, it's the same rate the RV'ers pay. Later, after I've set up,
the clerk rides her bike over and refunds $4.00 - in quarters, which
is great because I'm doing laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment