Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 21: Las Cruces to El Paso 65.88



Odo 3536.2

Today's route was very flat (until El Paso), and not busy, except that
I saw a lot of cyclists! Starting with a group of 4-5 racing cyclists
passing me (I should have tucked in behind, they were not going too
much faster!), I saw many others headed out from El Paso. About this
time, my freewheel started making its "fall apart" sound, so I stopped
at a Mexican grocery that had about 5 cyclists stopped at it. I ended
up chatting to them a bit while I applied some loktite to the
freewheel lockring. One of the women (who thought she knew me)
recommended a restaurant farther down the route. She said it was safe
to park your bike in the back. I didn't need to eat, but I did want to
use their restroom. When I got there, indeed there were a number of
bikes parked in the back, and the restaurant looked nice, I regretted
not eating there.

No comments:

Post a Comment