Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 30: Blanco to picnic tables 8

The day starts off with light sleet which quickly becomes rain. The
rain gear works, but getting the right selection of clothes on, then
putting on the rain gear takes a lot of time. I have a noon breakfast
at a little and excellent Mexican restaurant across from an exxon
station barely 100 yards from the park. After riding for about 6 miles
my right knee starts aching, and I decide to take a rest day. Since
Austin is close, Sara picks me up at a roadside picnic area where I
have stopped. It's about 38 degrees, and I finally start walking in
circles to keep my hands warm - everything else is ok, but it seems I
have to take my mittens off to change clothes etc. So the hands get
cold.

1 comment:

  1. Cold hands today ... cold wet feet yesterday. I'm curious as to why you choose to do this in the winter? Bravo on the 161 mile day to Ozona. Gotta love tailwinds!

    ReplyDelete