Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 44 (Feb 24): Franklinton to Poplarville

Made it to Mississippi!

A man & woman in a red Ram pickup passed me in Bugaloosa. They honked at me, and the woman called me a c**ks**ker. Bicyclists are obviously not universally loved. The frequency of mean drivers has been a little bit higher in Louisiana and Mississippi, but I'm not sure it's statistically significant.

I stayed at the lovely Hacienda RV Park where I had a truly terrible night. Besides sleep difficulties, I woke up to discover that my new iPod Touch (given to me on my birthday by my generous mother-in-law) had spent the night in a pool of Diet Coke at the bottom of my bag. My iPod has been both a source of entertainment and a method of writing these blog entries. In addition, my tent fly had been comprehensively sprayed by a cat, which was going to be an ever present reminder of my nocturnal visitor. I first devoted my efforts to my iPod, and then I tried to clean off the tent fly. I finally packed up and moved on to Vancleave.


No comments:

Post a Comment