Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 29: (Feb 9) Fredericksburg to Blanco SP 65.72





Odo 4064.9

Got up late, left late. Sara and I drive to Fredericksburg so I can
pick up where I ended the first half of the trip. I am on the road
about 1:30 headed to Comfort where I will pick up the adventure
cycling route. It takes an interesting path through Comfort, and heads
to Blanco using some roads I have ridden before. After a while, it
branches off on some small roads I haven't been on before, which is
good as I've toured in this area for 30 years! ... Or maybe these
roads just look different in winter!
Things are going great, except my right knee is getting achy, and I'm
getting cold as dusk deepens, and then I cross a "dip" which is full
of water, and a large wave of water splashes my left foot and ankle.
Time to stop and put on more clothes, pants and mittens. A half mile
later the balaclava goes on, but now my torso freels cold. So another
stop and I put on the insulated pants and jacket. This fixes
everything except the feet, which remain cold. About a half hour
later, I arrive in Blanco, and stop at the Dairy Queen. The
thermometer on my HB bag says 38 degrees. Stayed at Blanco River State
Park, in one of those screen "shelters", which don't do much for cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment