Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 41: Ville Platte to Morganza 108.0



Odo 4697.2 morn

Wolfram was ready at 7:30, but I was just getting up! He left, and I said, "I'll catch up, maybe." He is planning to take a short cut that will cut out a lot of miles because the route makes a strange detour northward by about 35 miles. I decided to stick to the route because it went along the river and appeared to offer scenic interest. By evening I was still 10 miles short of New Roads, where Wolfram planned to camp for the night. It was just about fully dark. There was a nice RV place here, so I decided not to ride after dark since the road is fairly busy even though it does have a shoulder. Perhaps more importantly, I was really tired! Two thirds of the ride today was against a moderate headwind. The longer route I took didn't seem to offer anything special except little traffic and plenty of time to look at the levee. Maybe I will catch up tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment