Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 42: Morganza to Easleyville 72.26




Odo 4805.8 morn

The day started out cloudy, but improved to give a few sunny hours during the prettiest part of the day's riding. After about 14 more miles of levee, I got to the ferry that would take me to St. Francesville. There was no one waiting on my side of the river so I had the entire ferry to myself! I ended up just standing there holding my bike talking to one of the crew. We had a pretty interesting conversation (after the usual "Where are you going on that bike?") about technology, the Internet, Big Brother, etc. St. Francesville is a very pretty town with lots of historic stuff plus the 8 Sisters restaurant where I ate lunch. The Audobon preserve is east of the city, and one of the most beautiful stretches of road I've enjoyed. There is also a nature conservancy site with free access to trails. It seems to me a Mecca for bird watchers. The route became more agricultural, and I stopped at a small RV park with poor facilities right past Easleyville.

No comments:

Post a Comment