Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 32: (Feb 12) Blanco picnic tables to Lockhart 58.95



Odo 4140.4 (morning reading)

Sara takes me to the picnic area so I can resume the ride, but I have
forgotten the tent rain fly and the pillow pump for the air matress!
After talking to Steve W. ( who met us there to see me off) for a
while, we return to pickup the items. I end up leaving there about
1:20. Conditions are good, and it is easy getting to Wimberley. I
stopped at a burger place where I was served by a very talented
waitress, who cheerily informed me that their only bathroom was a
portapotty around the side of the building. Continuing, the road
becomes a bit busy all the way to Kyle. Then it's a quick run into
Lockhart where I get some BBQ at Smitty's to eat at the campsite.
The tent area is empty, so I pick the best spot next to the small
river that flows through the park.

1 comment:

  1. Steve J (Johnson) would have been much, MUCH surlier than me, Steve W (Williams). But even I would've been far more impressed if I'd known how far you'd been riding, Dave. I hadn't seen your FB or blog postings, and thought you were on just another Central Texas week-long tour. Now, I AM impressed!
    -- Steve W

    ReplyDelete