Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 37: Shepherd to Kirbyville 92.84



Odo 4448.1 morn

Ho hum. Another beautiful day. Blue skys and a mild tailwind! Made great progress through beautiful pine forests, and was at my stopping point by about 3:30, so I kept going.



Met a couple traveling west. They were a bit more heavily loaded than I was. They had some difficulties that caused them to stop their trip for a few weeks. She had fallen and torn a rotator cuff, and they stopped for a few weeks for it to get better.

By the time I got to Kirbyville I was feeling a bit tired, and my butt hurt. I didn't feel nearly as wussy when I saw that I had gone 92 miles!



Ate dinner at a place called Elijah's in Kirbyville. A nice place with reasonable prices and good food. The waitress was talented, and they made me feel comfortable there. Recommended!

It's interesting to note the great variations in motel pricing. "Americas best value inn and suites" had the same rates as this 60's era motel. The Indian woman running it could see my disappointment with the price. I asked about the laundry, and she said I could use it, just come see her when I was ready. So I did, and she did my laundry for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment