Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 36: Navisota to Shepherd 83.11


I still had laundry to dry from the previous evening since the dryer
did not work. The laundry happens to be across from the brookshire
bros grocery, so I get breakfast there, and also pick up two bags of
David's gourmet chocolate chip cookies. I now am overstocked with
cookies! The day is very sunny and a little less cold than yesterday,
and it is still, or the wind is favorable. About 16 miles out I meet
another tourist headed west. He's from Liverpool, riding a Thorn exp
(a specialized touring bike), and he's headed to south America after
he gets to California. He says that there is another rider only an
hour or two ahead of me. I can't quite decide if I want to catch up to
him or not. By the end of the day I still haven't seen him, and I
think I put in a good day.
The riding highpoint was going through parts of Sam Houston national
forest. I miss the smell of the pine forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment