Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 40: Mamou to Ville Platte 10

Odo 4663.2 morn

I got up around 7:30, and was ready in a flash. This is because I packed everything up the night before because I was worried about the place possibly burning down and I wanted to be able to quickly leave. I went outside and took a few pictures. Wolfram came out and was shocked to find I was ready to go. He said he'd be ready in about 50 minutes. I told him it would be the only time I'd be ready before him!

We left, and we were in Ville Platte by 9:30. We rode around for about an hour looking at hotels, but there are really only two: cheap or expensive. We chose cheap. I ended up spending a couple of hours trying to find a laundromat; but there isn't one in this city of 8,000 people! Finally I discovered one just outside the city limits! So, the day's riding breakdown: 10 miles to get to Ville Platte, and 20 miles looking for a laundry! I should have just hand washed my stuff. Still, it was a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment